Workplace wellness programs are becoming increasingly important in Canada, where the population is aging and the number of people with disabilities, chronic conditions, and work-related health issues is growing.
With many of us spending up to two-thirds of our day at our jobs, it can be a challenge for many to find time in our busy lives to take care of ourselves in a way that maintains our health and prevents health problems before they occur.
That is why Propel Physiotherapy offers workplace wellness programs for companies that want to encourage their employees to maintain optimal health and implement initiatives that ensure they able to meet the requirements of their jobs.
No matter the size of your business or type of industry, you can increase productivity by promoting safe and healthy practices at work.
- According to a Quantum Workplace report, employees are 18 percent more engaged when provided time for healthy activities.
- Research from the Health Enhancement Research Organization (HERO), Brigham Young University and the Center for Health Research at Healthways shows, healthy employees take fewer sick days. Absenteeism is 27 percent lower for those workers who eat healthy and regularly exercise.
- According to a Willis survey, healthy employees reduce healthcare costs.
Propel Physiotherapy’s multi-disciplinary team of physiotherapists, registered massage therapists, kinesiologists, yoga instructors, mindfulness trainers, pelvic floor physiotherapists, and exercise physiologists offers the following Workplace Physiotherapy Solutions on-site at your location:
- Workplace wellness education
- Workplace ergonomic assessment and workstation modification
- Work hardening and return-to-work conditioning
- Workplace accessibility assessments
- Manual therapy: deep tissue release, functional active release technique, trigger point therapy, joint mobilizations
- Acupuncture and acupuncture with electrical stimulation
- Therapeutic ultrasound, muscle stimulation
- Sports taping and K-taping
- Exercise prescription and exercise modification
- Custom orthotics and custom knee bracing
- Walking and running analysis
Physiotherapy specifically restores, maintains and maximizes strength, function, movement and overall physical well-being, as well as improves movement to decrease pain and dysfunction. This can prevent injuries from occurring, increase energy levels and endurance, and improve performance of mental and physical tasks, exercise and sports.
Our physiotherapists are trained in the rehabilitation and recovery from musculoskeletal, neurological and cardiovascular and cardiorespiratory injuries, including workplace injuries, sports injuries and chronic pain. Our workplace physiotherapy programs can be customized for your work environment to prevent common workplace accidents and injuries, promote healthy lifestyle changes, and treat existing issues, such as:
- Body pain
- Postural dysfunction
- Soft tissue dysfunction or inflexible muscles; muscle tightness or weakness
- Nerve injuries like carpal tunnel syndrome and “sciatica”
- Rehabilitation of shoulders, elbows, wrists/hands, hips, knees, ankle/feet
- Fractures, dislocation, sprains, and strains
- Chronic pain
- Headaches/ dizziness/ vertigo
Focusing on healthy employees is an investment that is well worth it. If you are interested in a workforce that is healthier and more productive, contact us about customizing a Workplace Physiotherapy Solution for your business.