Updated as of May 27, 2020
We’re excited to announce the re-opening of our Etobicoke and Pickering clinics on Monday, June 1, 2020.
We have been diligently working towards putting all of the necessary safety precautions and protocols in place in preparation for the green light from the Ontario government and our professional organization.
As we begin a gradual and careful return to our places of business, we want to assure you that every appropriate infection control, hygiene and physical distancing measure is in place to ensure the safety our clients, their support staff and our clinicians. You can view the comprehensive list of measures listed below.
What does this mean for you? If you’re an existing client, our team will reach out to you with information necessary to restart your program in-clinic. We will be prioritizing clients to ensure that the benefits of in-person treatment outweighs the risks. Virtual rehabilitation still remains an excellent option for many clients and will continue to be offered by our physiotherapists, kinesiologists and exercise physiologists.
If you’re a new client please reach out to us and schedule an appointment 416 621-2506. You will be screened over the phone and booked accordingly.
Thanks for your patience, we look forward to taking care of your health needs.
Propel Physiotherapy’s Health & Safety Protocols
We have adopted measures recommended by our professional organizations through IPAC and Ontario Public Health. We have also completed full risk assessments of both of our clinic locations and have come up with stringent health and safety protocols.
- The waiting rooms and board room have been rearranged and clearly marked to observe two-metre social distancing
- Sneeze guards have been installed at the front desk
- Directional arrow floor signs ensure one-way flow of people around clinic
- Gym equipment usage zones clearly marked to maintain safe social distancing
- Signage throughout the space reminding people to keep safe physical distancing – two metres while in clinic
- All of our therapists will have appropriate Protective Personal Equipment including: gloves, mask, face shield and gowns/scrubs. We are also asking all clients to wear face masks in the clinic
- We have strict protocols for hand washing and hand sanitizing between clients We are also asking clients to wash and disinfect their hands before entering and again before leaving the clinic
- All fabric surfaces have been covered with vinyl plastic that is sprayed and disinfected after each client
- Cleaning protocol includes regular and frequent disinfecting of common areas and high-use surfaces after every client or staff contact
- We have hand sanitizers in each room and in all open areas for use
- Appointment times are staggered to ensure everyone can maintains two-metres physical distancing while at our locations, whether in our waiting rooms, a treatment room, the open gym area or our board room
- We change the treatment table linens (sheets, pillow cases, towels, exam table paper) and sanitize each table or equipment after each appointment
Your Screening and Appointment Protocol
- A three-step screening protocol will be implemented before you enter the clinic – including two passive screens and one active at the door to the clinic. If you are experiencing any respiratory or flu-like symptoms or have travelled to any areas where the Coronavirus is spreading, we would ask that you wait a period of 14 days before coming to an appointment. Please call us and we would be happy to reschedule your appointment.
- We are asking all clients to please wear their own face masks during treatment sessions, whether in clinic or at home. If you do not have a mask, we will help you source one. Please wash or disinfect your hands upon entering the clinic and again before you leave.
We will continue to keep informed with Public Health protocols and implement any recommended safety measures that aren’t already in place. We thank you for taking the time to read this and doing your part in ensuring the health, safety and well-being of all.
Download our health & safety poster for an overview of these protocols.
Virtual Rehabilitation or Tele-Rehab
As an alternative to receiving direct therapy in-clinic, we continue to offer all new and existing clients the option to receive tele-rehab services to address their current needs.
If you are familiar with physiotherapy, kinesiology, or exercise physiology, you may wonder how these services are delivered virtually. Tele-rehabilitation is a suitable alternative given the current circumstances and part of the scope of practice of physiotherapists, registered kinesiologists and exercise physiologists.
We are using a secure and encrypted video software called Embodia for all virtual appointments. Embodia uses the Zoom Health platform to host the appointments. This is different from the regular Zoom platform and it complies with HIPAA and PIPEDA (health privacy legislation).
Once you book an appointment with your therapist, you will receive a link to your appointment via e-mail. You will need to download the Zoom program onto your phone, tablet, or computer, if you do not already have it.
From there, you will receive a consent form and an intake form if you are new to our clinic, and you will connect with a therapist at your scheduled appointment time.
During your appointment, your therapist will be able to see you and you will be able to see them. Just like the first part of an appointment in the clinic, your therapist will ask you questions to understand your specific needs and how we can help.
For the treatment part of your appointment, we share our knowledge and techniques with you so that you can succeed in implementing the program at home on your own.
Our therapists will be able to provide the assistance you need to navigate this new format of therapy. You also have the option of receiving therapy by way of regular telephone communication.