OCCUPATIONAL THERAPIST JOBS ETOBICOKE
Posted: Monday, March 6, 2023
PART-TIME TO FULL-TIME POSITION
ETOBICOKE CLINIC LOCATION
1 Eva Rd., Suite 107 (just off the Eva Rd. exit on Hwy. 427)
About Propel Physiotherapy Pickering
Established in 2016, Propel Physiotherapy is one of the Greater Toronto Area’s leading treatment centres for neurological injuries and complex orthopedic injuries. Propel Physiotherapy takes a holistic approach to rehabilitation with an emphasis on client-centered treatment, research, education, and community engagement that can help clients maximize their mobility and improve their performance in meaningful daily activities.
With a team of more than 25 therapists and office administrators, Propel Physiotherapy offers a wide range of healthcare services, including physiotherapy, occupational therapy, massage therapy, exercise therapy, mindfulness, yoga therapy, community-based therapy, and acupuncture services from our three clinic locations in Pickering, Peterborough and Etobicoke. We also offer mobile and virtual therapy for communities in surrounding areas.
Propel Physiotherapy is in search of a licensed occupational therapist to join the high-performing and fast-growing team of practitioners in our clinic. We are looking for a team player who can demonstrate professionalism, excellent communication skills, and creativity and consistency with care catered to a busy caseload of varied neurological and orthopedic injuries.
Our clinics operate as a collaborate practice environment with different health care providers including other physiotherapists, massage therapists, occupational therapists, social workers, chiropractors, and case managers who are leaders in their respective fields. This role requires seamless integration and excellent communication with these team members to optimize the health and rehabilitation of our clients.
This is an independent contractor position seeking a three- to five-day commitment from Monday to Saturday. The position will start as half days, building to full days as your caseload increases. Expansion of hours and days is available and encouraged as your practice grows.
This licensed occupational therapist role reports to the Director of Occupational Therapy as well as the Clinic Manager.
We provide administrative team support to facilitate paperwork, booking, and billing.
The candidate must demonstrate exceptional clinical care practices, superior professionalism, and a firm desire to work collaboratively in a multi-disciplinary entrepreneurial environment. This candidate must have the following:
- University Degree in Occupational therapy
- Current registration in good standing with the Ontario College of Occupational Therapists (COTO)
- Member of the Ontario Society of Occupational Therapist (OSOT) is an asset.
- Clinical experience in neurological rehabilitation (physical, cognitive, sensory and psychosocial) and upper extremity rehabilitation for orthopedic conditions preferred.
- Experience in a private practice setting and independent contractor experience is an asset.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- A skilled listener who creates meaningful connections with clients and colleagues.
- Ability to adapt to a face-paced and challenging environment.
- Possess a diverse skillset and willingness to share and learn as their role grows.
- Thinks outside the box and demonstrates good judgment and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to manage their own caseload, respond to urgent issues, and consistently communicate with team members in a timely manner.
- Abide by college standards pertaining to client confidentiality, record keeping, informed consent, and practice as a licensed occupational therapist.
- Experience or interest in blogging and social media is an asset.
- Have a valid Drivers Licence and access to a vehicle.
*New graduates with a passion in making a difference in people’s lives are welcome to apply.
The Work Environment
In order to pursue our vision of becoming the leading treatment centre for complex neurological injuries and orthopaedic injuries in Ontario, we place great focus on knowledge sharing, personal development and staff empowerment.
We provide mentorship to new and junior therapists, including mentorship meetings with management staff who are experienced in neuro rehabilitation (coma stimulation, brain injury and stroke rehab, upper extremity rehabilitation including orthopedic injuries, splinting) with the goal of providing the best care possible to our clients.
Interested candidates should forward a cover letter and resumé to: firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com.
If you have further questions, please do not hesitate to call us at 416 621 2506.
Our team consists of health professionals from various disciplines, including registered physiotherapists, kinesiologists, exercise physiologists, massage therapists, and a yoga therapist; plus several office administrators and dedicated volunteers. We provide high-quality care in-clinic and community care to people living with neurological and complex orthopaedic injuries. Our team-based approach provides the best functional outcomes possible for our clients.
Our clinic space is specially designed with the needs of our clientele in mind. The 4,500-square-foot space promotes an open concept with the option to have a private treatment room. Our clinical setting has wide hallways, push-button doorways, and is a fully accessible, level-floored ground unit. Parking and drop off is convenient for drivers and passengers alike. We also have a beautiful, bright kitchen lounge where clients and their family can sit and relax and enjoy a hot or cold beverage while they wait for their loved one.